O Lord, why do you reject me? Why do you hide your face? Afflicted and close to death from youth, I have suffered terrors and helplessness. Your wrath has swept over me; your assaults have destroyed me. Now they surround me like a flood, and completely engulf me. Bereft of loved ones and now alone, only darkness is my companion.
Time of distress are common and are for the good of God’s children.
We all cry out loud in this grieve manner; thinking that it’s all over, without knowing the will or plans of God in our lives.
Amongst the rich details of God’s glorious grace, resides an affirmation that those who rejoice in their salvation will also experience distress due to various trials. If you know what you’re doing as a believer; then you should understand that though trials will come, but he whom you trust and serve will surely vindicate you. True believer who go through trials are like golds going through fire in other for them to be refined. Since God’s power shall keep you faithful until salvation is revealed in the last days. There’s cause for joy, then, even though you may, for a time, have to suffer many trials. Your faith will be tested, like gold in a furnace, but truly I tell you! if you endure all those trials and tribulations; you will surely be emerged victorious.
When Myles Munroe, wife and his associates died in the plane crash on the 9th of November 2014, a brethren was crying bitterly with this question; God where are you when Myles Munroe died in plane crash? Do you know the answer given to him by God? The Almighty God simply answered him and said; the same place I was when my servant Stephen was stoned to death. That was also the place I was when my servant John the Baptist was beheaded. I remained there when my only begotten Son was crucified on the cross of Calvary. That was where I was, that’s the place I am, and it’s still the place I will remain for everlasting.
God allowed some of all these trials to befall upon us, but in everything, He has a purpose for it, which is for His name to be glorified. When Lazarus was sick, does it mean that Christ was too busy that made Him delayed going to heal him? No of course, but for the name of the Lord to be glorified and for His power to manifest in other for the world to believe in Him.
Take solace in knowing that sorrowful times, even periods of feeling God has withdrawn His presence – are an integral part of your spiritual experience. God hasn’t utterly abandoned you, though you feel He has. Other believers have successfully traveled the dark path you walk and completed their journey.
PRINCIPLES THAT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND AND PATIENTLY ENDURE YOUR TRIALS/TROUBLES
- Yours is a Temporary Experience: Feeling distressed and bittered by trials- like that of sensing the absence of God’s presence- would compress a weakened believer if it continues without stopping. The affliction is only”for a while.” Your suffering is temporary, God will not leave you in your affliction forever. It will subside and even cease forever, but not as soon as you would like or expected, but it will come to an end. The trial has an expiration date, which once the trial has served its purpose, you will benefit from its outcome and regain the joy of your heavenly Father’s warm embrace. ” Job is a good example of what am trying to emphasize in here. He suffered tribulations and afflictions, but since he endured, he was justified and blessed at last.
- Yours is a Purposed Experience: Some people always ask; ( “why does a believer have to experience grief- producing trials?”. Answer: These have come so that your faith- may be proved genuine and worthy. As a child of God, you’re promised his presence, though for now you feel alone and without assistance. Be rest assured that you are not alone knowing God your heavenly Father has good reasons for allowing you to experience trials. Even if it means taking away your happiness for a while; he will restore it back to you, but now with bonus. You will derive benefit from your trial, not by ignoring it or fainting under its weight, but by understanding its purpose. When you realize God is using the trials to make you aware of His grace in your life and fit you for external glory, praise, honour, you’ll be equipped to handle and endure it even though it brings you into distress and affliction/heaviness of soul.
Suffering in endurance will:
- Make your joy less dependent on circumstances.
- Make you more obedient.
- Increase your compassion and effectiveness in ministry.
- Teach you to wait patiently on God.
- Make you appreciate God all the more when He restores you back to greatness.
Allow those principles to mold your perspective. Learn not to respond emotionally to your afflictions. God is allowing you to experience a Temporary sorrow that will provide you with the greater benefits of increased and deeper assurance in his protection.